The Front Office for Human Resource Education and Development (FOHRED) Office for Developing Future Research Leaders (L-Station) is tasked with the following responsibilities as the office in charge of promoting projects to train and support early-career researchers.
- Tasks pertaining to recruitment planning and international recruitment of tenure-track faculty members
- Managing systems and facilitating meetings pertaining to evaluation and review
- Promoting exchanges among early-career researchers
- Planning and running training programs
- Establishing a research environment and research support for early-career researchers
- Budget planning and management in relation to project promotion
The early-career researchers participating in the program are truly diverse in terms of their backgrounds and experiences as well as their fields of study. The challenges they face after joining Hokkaido University are likewise varied. L-Station works together with these early-career researchers to think about and find solutions to their challenges.